After having been managed by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry since its creation, the Airport of La Rochelle – Ile de Ré and the Airport of Rochefort Charente-Maritime have been grouped, since January 1, 2019, within the Mixed Syndicate of Airports of La Rochelle – Ile de Ré and Rochefort – Charente-Maritime.
The Syndicat Mixte is made up of six communities:
- the Department of Charente-Maritime
- the La Rochelle Agglomeration Community
- the New Aquitaine Region
- the Community of Communes of the Ile de Ré
- La Rochelle Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- the Rochefort-Océan Urban Community
The Bureau du Syndicat Mixte is made up of six members:
- Mrs Catherine DESPREZ, President, representing the Department of Charente-Maritime
- Mr. Bertrand AYRAL, 1st Vice-President, representing the CDA of La Rochelle
- Mrs Christelle PIEUCHOT, 2nd Vice-President, representing the New Aquitaine Region
- Mr. Patrick RAYTON, representing the Community of Communes of the Ile de Ré
- Mr. Thierry HAUTIER, representing the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of La Rochelle
- Mr. Thierry LESAUVAGE, representing the Community of Agglomeration of Rochefort-Océan
On the occasion of the 1st trade union committee, which was held on January 8, 2019, Ms DESPREZ, President of the Syndicat Mixte declared: “The development of air links in Charente-Maritime is essential to participate in opening up our territory, to contribute tourism development but also facilitate travel for our fellow citizens. I am delighted to chair this new Syndicat Mixte with a team mobilized to consider new development projects ”
The General Manager of the Syndicat Mixte is Mr. Thomas JUIN.
Mr. Juin is also Director of La Rochelle – Ile de Ré Airport and Director of Rochefort – Charente-Maritime Airport.
In the space of 15 years, La Rochelle-Ile de Ré Airport has gone from 1 line with Paris to 6 companies, operating 17 airlines in 2019, including 12 internationally:
- Air France : Ajaccio, Marseille, Nice, Paris-Orly
- Chalair: Lyon
- Easyjet: Bristol, Geneva, London-Gatwick
- Flybe : Birmingham, Manchester, Southampton
- Jet2: Leeds-Bradford, Manchester
- Ryanair: Brussels-Charleroi, Dublin, London-Stansted, Porto
2018 was a record year with 240,154 passengers welcomed. By way of comparison, the traffic was 66,000 passengers in 2000 and it was not until 2004 to cross the threshold of 100,000 passengers and 2007 to cross that of 200,000 passengers.
In 2019, La Rochelle – Ile de Ré airport welcomed 233,001 passengers.
A major contributor to local and regional tourism, La Rochelle-Ile de Ré Airport generates economic benefits each year estimated at 37.5 million euros for the year 2019.
Activities at the airport
There are more than 180 jobs based at La Rochelle – Ile de Ré Airport, in high season.
The following are notably present on the platform: the ground handling company Aviapartner, the security provider Séris, the Lagardère group for restaurant / shop activities , the business aviation service Aeroluxe , car rental companies , air traffic control, Customs for immigration and customs control missions, civil security, a detachment of the French Navy, 2 companies of aeronautical maintenance , flying clubs , a skydiving club , a helicopter airline , a aircraft manufacturer , etc …
The last extension and restructuring work on the terminal dates back to 2015-2016 and the new terminal was inaugurated on July 7, 2016.
At the end of 2019 / beginning of 2020, the Arrivals room benefited from an extension to improve the reception of passengers and meet the customs requirements induced by Brexit.
Upcoming projects concern:
– the boarding lounge, which should be extended by summer 2021
– the extension of the aircraft parking, to improve the reception of airliners and business aviation
– the construction of a new station for the airport firefighters (SSLIA – Service aircraft rescue and firefighting)
– the rehabilitation of the building intended to accommodate the company Elixir Aircraft, designer and manufacturer of new generation aircraft
Download the latest press releases
March 12, 2021: easyJet opens its flights between La Rochelle-Ile de Ré and Nice for sale for the summer of 2021
January 25, 2021: Jet2 airline flight schedule for 2021 and 2022
September 21, 2020: The Chalair company increases its frequencies on the La Rochelle - Lyon line
August 6, 2020: Progress report on the resumption of traffic
July 2, 2020: New in 2020 Nice-La Rochelle with EasyJet / 10 destinations on the summer program
June 22, 2020: Resumption of flights to Ajaccio, Dublin and London-Stansted in July
June 3, 2020: Resumption of flights on June 15, 2020
January 27, 2020: Press conference
October 3, 2019: The La Rochelle-Lyon line operated by Chalair until 2023
May 25, 2019: La Rochelle - Ile de Ré Airport inaugurates 3 new lines to Marseille, Nice and Manchester
January 9, 2019: The airports of La Rochelle - Ile de Ré and Rochefort - Charente-Maritime have a new governance
Download the price guide
2020-2021 tariff guide
Applicable from April 1, 2020
Tariff guide 2021-2022
Applicable from April 1, 2021